TABLE OF CONTENTS
- DOWNLOAD TEMPLATE
- Category Suggestions
- Item Status
- Item Type
- Explanation of Columns on the Spreadsheet
- Tips & Notes
In the days before your event, you may wish to integrate your data from an external source. We have created a way to set up your items in a format that can be easily dragged and dropped into the admin.
To view our Item Type Best Practice, CLICK THIS LINK.
|** The software only reads this SPECIFIC excel spreadsheet. Not all columns have to be filled out but you can not delete, hide or add to ANY of the columns or headers. |
** You can do more than one import, just start with a NEW spreadsheet.
Navigate to Items > Manage Items, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Download a Template"
NOTE: The item name & item type are required in the spreadsheet in order for the import to work correctly.
Start adding items on line #4 of the item template.
- All spreadsheet items must have an item name.
- All spreadsheet items must have an item type.
- Fair Market Value will default to priceless if left blank. In the admin, there is an option to show FMV on the bidding interface.
- Starting Bid and Bid increment will default to $1.00 if left blank.
- Once complete, drag and drop the spreadsheet under Items > Manage Items > "Drop Files to Upload"
- Once the import is complete, edits can be done through the Manage Items page.
It is important to give all items an item type in the spreadsheet.
To view what is required for each item type, please view our best practice on item types, CLICK HERE
Tips & Notes
How to set up a silent item that you might have more than one of?
Our recommendation: Add both items to the software each with its own item number. Set the second item to Live/Preview item type. Set status to Invisible. Offer the second item to the runner-up of the first item (this is the one that was available for bidding). In the item description, include that you will be choosing the top 2 highest bidders. You can find the bid history on the Butler under Remove a Bid/Bid History. Once the auction closes, use the Butler to enter in the second-highest winning bidder and winning bid amount. "Add A Bid"
* If you are having trouble uploading your item Spreadsheet try these tips:
We normally recommend saving in CSV, but if you are trying to import a spreadsheet that has special characters ($-&), use CSV UTF-8 (When your spreadsheet is open go to File > Save as > Click on the down arrow for format type and select from the drop-down.)
Bold Text, Bullet Points & Carriage Return formatting options within the item template WILL NOT CARRY OVER on the upload into ClickBid.
** Important: Status has to be set in the admin, and cannot be added on the template.
The different statuses are: