What is Mass Messaging?
- The Mass Messaging feature is located under Bidders > Text/Email Bidders and allows you to send multiple emails and text messages to your bidders throughout your event.
- Guests cannot reply to these messages.
- US text messages will come from 56651. Canadian messages will come from 855-800-4975.
- Emails will show as coming from your Organization's name
- To purchase Mass Messaging, go to Software Settings > Account Status.
NOTE: Winning bidders do not receive an automated notification via text or email after the event closes.
NOTE: Your Desired send time acts as a schedule reminder of when to send your messages, they will not go out automatically. Click the Send button when you are ready to send your message.
Create a message
- Click on Compose a Text or Email
- For Email Bidders, compose your Subject
- Choose your filter (See a list of filters and who they go to below)
Make sure to include your bidding URL shortcode [u] and any other shortcodes you want to include:
Make sure to use the section called "Send a Single Text" to send yourself the message first to make sure it looks exactly how you want it.
- Desired Send Time: It's important to note that the desired send time acts as a schedule reminder of when to send your messages, they will not go out automatically. Click the Send button when you are ready to send your message.
- After your message is sent the Send button will turn grey with a line through it. You can still click the send button to re-send the message.
- You will see a Sent To drop-down that shows you who the message went to.
Who do the different filters in Mass Messaging go to?
- All Bidders - This will go to everyone who has a bidder number under Bidders > Manage Bidders.
- Bidders Who Have Logged In - Any bidder with a "logged in" tag under Bidders > Manage Bidders. (logged in status is when they logged into the auction site for the first time either by registering to bid, logging in through the landing page, or clicking on the personal bidding link for the first time.)
- Bidders Who Have Not Logged In - Any bidder who does not have a "logged in" tag (has not logged into the auction site by registering to bid, logging in through the landing page, or clicking on the personal bidding link for the first time.)
- Checked In Bidders - This will go to the bidders who were checked in through the Butler at your event.
- Checked Out Bidders - This will go to your winning bidders who already paid for their items/donation (checked out)
- Bidders Not Checked In- This will go to any bidder who was not checked in through the Butler.
- Bidders Not Checked Out (Silent/Quantity/Raffle/Live/Donation) - This will go to any bidder who still needs to pay for their winning items/donation/quantity item
- Quantity Item/Raffle Purchasers/Donors/Winning Bidders - This will go to anyone who has made a donation only on the bidding site / purchased a quantity item/or won a silent auction item regardless if they have checked out or not checked out.
- Silent and Live Winning Bidders - This filter will go to anyone who won a Silent or Live Item. *Items must have a status set to closed in order to use this filter.
- Non-winning Silent Auction Bidders - This will go to anyone who bid on but did not win any silent auction items.
- Ticket Purchasers - This will go to your ticket purchasers.
- Ticketed Guests - This will go to all your Ticketed Guests who have or do not have a bidder number.
- Ticketed Guests no Bidder Number - This will go to your Ticketed Guests who do not have a bidder number. This means you can email and text ticket purchasers without them having been assigned a bidder number.
- All Bidders with No Card on File - This will go to your bidders who do not have their credit card already on file.
- Winning Bidders Not Checked Out & No Card On File - This will go to only those guests who won who do not have a credit card on file.