TABLE OF CONTENTS
*Please have your Salesforce username, password, and security token available.
HOW TO OBTAIN YOUR SECURITY TOKEN FROM SALESFORCE
- Go to the upper right corner of the home page, click View Profile.
- If your personal information page pops up, click cancel.
- This will take you to your My Settings/Quick Links page.
- Click on the Personal > Reset My Security Token.
- Once you click Reset My Security Token, Salesforce will email you the new Security Token that you can enter into BidKit.
INTEGRATING WITH SALESFORCE
Go to Software Settings > Connect to BidKit.
- Click on the Connect Bubble located in the Salesforce box.
- A pop-up will open. Enter your Username, Password, and Security Token, then click Connect.
- Once all of your Salesforce credentials are entered and correct, the Salesforce button will say Connected.
- After successfully authenticating with Salesforce, in the left column of BidKit, a Salesforce drop-down arrow will show.
- In the drop-down arrow will be tabs for Import Bidders, Export/Update Bidders, Export Sales to Salesforce, and Activity Log.
HOW TO IMPORT BIDDERS FROM SALESFORCE
|Go to Software Settings > Connect to BidKit > Salesforce Tab > Import Bidders|
- You can choose a campaign from Salesforce to import from, or you can leave it set so all your contacts are pulled in from Salesforce.
- Click on the small box next to the bidder's first name, then click on the import button at the bottom right.
- Under the Imported? field, you will see Not Yet. (This is for bidders who have not yet been imported as a bidder)
- You are able to select a filter to show just your imported, or your bidders who have not been imported yet.
TIP: Before your event, we suggest you only import contact with valid methods of communication (phone and/or email). Without this information, you will not be able to communicate with the guest that has a bidder record with this missing information via Mass Messaging.
- You will have the ability to export new contact to Salesforce and update or link to existing Salesforce contacts.
- If you know this individual is not in your Salesforce account, click Add New Contact in Salesforce.
- If you know the individual is an existing contact in Salesforce, go to your Salesforce account and look up the contact you need to link in Export Bidders.
- To find the Salesforce ID, click on the contact name, and in the URL you will find the Salesforce ID listed.
Click on the Details tab in the contact and see the Name, Phone, email, & Mailing address if one was set in the bidder record.
- Once you have determined if they are a new contact in Salesforce or existing contact, go back to your Export/Update Bidders to Salesforce.
- Check the box next to the bidder you want to export and in the operation drop-down, choose the correct field.
- Then, click the Export/Update button.
*This should take no longer than 5 minutes to export.
- You can locate your exported bidders in Salesforce by going to the Contacts tab.
- You can then choose all contacts or can search for the specific contact.
- Once your bidders have been exported and linked to Salesforce, new fields will populate under the Export/Update Bidders to Salesforce tab.
- You can update the bidder's contact information within the admin under Bidders > Manage Bidders.
- You also have the option to remove the link between the Bidder and the Salesforce Account.
EXPORTING SALES TO SALESFORCE
|NOTE: In order for the Auction Items to show once they are sold under Connect to BidKit > Export Sales, the items must be set to a Closed Status to export the sale.|
- Go to Software Settings > Connect to BidKit > Salesforce > Export Sales.
- Show all entries.
- Click the small box next to the Item Name that you want to export.
- Under the tag, Salesforce Match, there will be Contact ID-# for the Salesforce ID already linked or attempt match.
- For the attempt match, click on the hourglass, and if they made a match either by name or associated phone/email, that will show. Or you can create a new contact.
- If you know the matching Salesforce ID, you can click on the pencil and that will allow you to enter the ID #.
You can export all paid ticket sales, donations/text-to-give, and auction item sales.
- Exporting Sales from your Ticket Page will include Ticket Name, Sponsorship Name, Underwriting (all with FMV), and the donation if any were made through the Ticket Page.
- The Ticket Purchaser is the only one that will export under Export Sales. The guests from your ticket page who have been turned into Bidders can be exported to your Salesforce Integration by going to the Export/Update Bidders Tab in Connect to BidKit.
- You can export paid sales from your Ticket Page, Donations/Text-To-Give, and Auction Items from the Export Sales in BidKit.
TIP: To find the Salesforce ID, go to your Salesforce admin, click on the contact name, and in the URL you will find the Salesforce ID listed. (see screenshot above in exporting bidders)
- Once you have everything set up the way you want, click on Export Sales at the bottom right.
- A box will appear asking if you want to add a specific campaign fair market value, and which field you want that to populate in Salesforce. (if you do not select a field for the fair market value that will populate under the Description in Opportunites>Detail tab.)
- Payment type will populate under the Details tab in the Opportunities in the Description Tab.
When the Export Sales is complete, you will see the sale listed in the Opportunities section of your Salesforce Contact record page, once you click on Opportunity Name> then click details.
- You can look in your Activity Log tab to see if you had anything fail or if your imports/exports were successful.
- You can also receive an email if you have anything that fails to import or export.
What do I do if I receive this error while trying to upload ticket sales into Salesforce?
"We can't save this record because the “Opportunity Acknowledgement” process failed". The reason you are receiving this error is that your Salesforce account is blocking the transmission of our "opportunity". In order to get
them to load you will have to contact your Salesforce representative and have them temporarily suspend the workflow while sales are pushed to Salesforce. This will allow them to properly pass through. It is a setting that you have set up on your Salesforce account.