TABLE OF CONTENTS
Welcome to the integration with Raiser’s Edge NXT.
This best practice will walk you through how to integrate your Raiser’s Edge NXT account with your Admin under Connect to BidKit. You will have the ability to import your constituents from Raiser’s Edge NXT into your admin. Export the bidders that you have in manage bidders that are not in Raiser’s Edge NXT. Export your sales from your Auction, Donations/Text-To-Give, and Ticket Sales/donations.
Integrating with Raiser’s Edge NXT
- Go to your Admin > Software Settings > Connect to BidKit.
- Locate the Raiser’s Edge NXT box and click on the green connect button.
- Enter your API Subscription Key and click Connect.
- Once your account is connected the green connect button will turn blue and say connected. Then on the left Dashboard, you will see a tab for Raiser’s Edge NXT with a dropdown. This is where you will find your Import Bidders, Export/Update Bidders, Export Sales, Activity Log, and Logout.
Importing Raiser’s Edge NXT Constituents
Go to Software Settings > Connect to BidKit > Raiser’s Edge NXT > Go Import Bidders tab.
TIP: Before your event, we suggest you only import contact with valid methods of communication (phone and/or email). Without this information, you will not be able to communicate with the guest that has a bidder record with this missing information via Mass Messaging.
You can choose a campaign from Raiser’s Edge NXT to import from, or you can leave it set so all your contacts are pulled in from Raiser's Edge NXT.
Click on the small box next to the bidder's first name, then click on the import button at the bottom right.
Under the Imported? field, you will see Not Yet. (This is for bidders who have not yet been imported as a bidder)
You are able to select a filter to show just your imported, or your bidders who have not been imported yet.
You will have the ability to export new constituents to Raiser’s Edge NXT and update or link to existing Raiser’s Edge NXT constituents. If you know an individual is not in your Raiser’s Edge NXT account, click Add New Constituent in Raiser’s Edge NXT. If the individual is a current constituent in Raiser’s Edge NXT then you can click Link to Existing Raiser’s Edge NXT Constituent.
NOTE: This is our test account so your admin may look a little different.
- To locate your Raiser’s Edge NXT-ID to link your Bidder to Raiser’s Edge NXT, go to your Raiser’s Edge NXT admin and look up the constituent name you want to link and in the URL of that contact, you will see the Raiser’s Edge NXT Id in the middle of the Url usually 6 digits.
Once you have determined if they are a new constituent in Raiser’s Edge NXT or existing contact, go back to your Export/Update Bidders to Raiser’s Edge NXT.
Check the box next to the bidder you want to export and in the operation drop-down, choose the correct field.
Click the Export/Update button.
*This should take no longer than 5 minutes to export.
Exporting Sales to Raiser’s Edge NXT
- You can send any paid ticket sales, donations/text-to-give, and auction items.
- Go to Software Settings > Connect to BidKit > Dashboard > Raiser’s Edge NXT > Export Sales. Show all entries. Click the small box next to the Item Name that you want to export.
- Under the tag, Raiser’s Edge NXT, there will be Constituent ID # for the Raiser’s Edge NXT-ID already linked or attempted match. For the attempted match, click on the hourglass, and if they made a match either by name or associated phone/email, that will show. Or you can create a new Constituent. If you know the matching Raiser’s Edge NXT-ID, you can click on the pencil and that will allow you to enter the ID #.
- The Item name will show in the Comment Section of the Giving History within RE. The title will show up to 250 characters.
- Once you have everything set up the way you want, click on Export Sales at the bottom right. A box will appear asking for the Fund (required field), and which Campaign (optional) you want that to populate in Raiser’s Edge NXT.
Records sent to Raiser’s Edge NXT are queued up and processed in the order received. This can take up to 5 minutes to complete. When complete, you will see sales listed in your constituents > Giving History. You can also locate them under the Gifts field. Please note it can take longer than 5 minutes to show in your Raiser's Edge NXT admin.
You can export paid sales from your Ticket Page, Donations/Text-To-Give, and Auction Items from the Export Sales in BidKit 2
*If you see a red X after an Export, hover over the red X and it will tell you why the export did not go through. You can also look under the Activity Log tab and you will receive an email as well.
Note if you see the below image when trying to connect your Bidkit to Raiser's Edge NXT, then log in to your BlackBaud account, go to Marketplace and search for "ClickBid." Click on the ClickBid app then click "get started" and follow the instructions.