TABLE OF CONTENTS
General Event Details
- Time Zone - What time zone is your organization in? This setting will allow the bid site to have an accurate time zone for item closing times and start times.
- Do you observe Daylight Savings? - This setting lets the system know if you observe DLST in order for the time to be correct.
- Max Bidding - Do you want to allow your bidders to place a Max Bid on a silent item? Not sure what Max Bidding is? View this best practice to learn more. Click Here.
- Event Start Date & Time - What time do you want your event to open? This specific start time will automatically open the bidding site and allow bidding on active items.
- Register to Bid Settings: In this section you have the option to:
- Turn on or hide the Register Now button
- Enable Text to Register
- Allow mobile check in
- Require addresses
- Require credit card information
- NEW! - Option to enter the bidder number you want the system to start with when assigning registration bid numbers
- Customize the welcome email sent to bidders when they complete registration.
- Butler Login Details - This information is a separate login for the Butler. You can log in to https://cbo.io/butler and use your Event ID and admin password. When you log in using that link, you will only have access to the Butler. This is perfect to share with your volunteers for check-in and check-out.
- Custom Welcome Text - This is a welcome text that your bidders will receive when they register themselves or are checked in through the Butler. You can use shortcodes in this text to customize your message even more. We recommend including the [u] which is the bidding URL that allows your bidders to click the link to access the bidding site.
- Payment Method - Please choose BidKit Payments to use our Credit Card processor. Choosing BidKit Payments will allow you to create your Merchant Account and enable your credit card charging.
- Other Payment Type Text - This is for the 'other' payment method you can process the payment as through the Butler. For example, you can add 'School Account' or 'Club Account' if you are allowing your bidder/donors to process payment in another form outside the admin.
- Sales Tax - This setting is for entering the percentage of tax you would like to charge on items. Enter in the amount as a whole number. Note, if you are charging sales tax on items, you also have a setting at the item level that needs to be turned on. This will allow the system to charge sales tax on specific items.
- Tax Calculation - This is the setting for how to calculate tax. You can either charge tax on the full purchase price, or the FMV. This setting is up to your organization. Please get tax advice from a professional.
- Capture CC Fees - Please enter in the whole number percentage you would like to charge credit card fees to your bidders. We recommend charging 3.63% to ensure you receive your full purchase price or donation amount and to avoid rounding errors.
- CC Fees Description - This setting will change the wording for the credit card fees on the bidder receipts. The default text is 'This helps cover our credit card fees.'
- Allow Guests to Optout of CC Fees? - This setting allows you to let your bidders opt out of the credit card fees, or not. If you turn it to YES with a percentage, the bidder will have the option to cover or not. If you have this set to NO with a percentage, the bidder will automatically have to cover the fees and will not have the option to opt out.
- Guests can checkout from phone? - This setting allows your bidders to check themselves out on any device. If you have this setting turned to NO, your bidders will not be able to process payment or check themselves out.
- Show Double the Donation at bidder checkout? - This is our Double the Donation setting that allows your bidders to see if their employer can double their donation. You must have a double the donation account to enable this setting. Click here to view the best practice regarding double the donation.
- Charge CC at time Quantity Bid is Placed? - This setting allows the system to automatically charge a bidder's card when they purchase a quantity item type. Ex: Raffle tickets, wine pulls. You can have the bidder's payment automatically collected.
- Bidder Checkout Donation Item - This setting allows the system to ask the bidder if they would like to donate to the selected donation item when checking themselves out. When selecting a donation item and the bidder has not previously donated, the system will ask them if they would like to make a donation before checking out. The selected donation item is the item their funds will go towards if a donation is submitted. View this best practice for more information about this feature.
- Butler Bidder Checkout Donation Item- This setting allows the butler tool to ask the bidder if they would like to submit a donation when being checked out through the Butler and they have not previously donated. The selected donation item at this setting is the item the bidder's funds will go towards if a donation is submitted. If more than one donation item is selected, the bidder will have an option to donate to and the volunteer checking out the bidder will ask which fund they would like to donate to.
- Show Fair Market Value within the preview? - This setting will turn on/off the FMV for the auction preview on the landing page. This setting will also turn on/off the FMV for the item share link as well.
- Show Fair Market Value on Browse Page? - This setting will turn on/off the FMV for the bidding site.
- Show Fair Market Value on Receipts? - This setting will turn on/off the FMV for bidder receipts.
- Statement Footer - This setting will appear at the bottom of your bidder receipts. This is a great spot to add a thank you message, Tax ID information, any contact information, or any other important information you want to show up on the bidder receipt.
- Terms - This setting will appear when the bidder logs into the bid site but before they bid on any items. This is a good spot to add any terms and conditions, any item shipping/ pickup information, all sales final, any age requirements regarding items, or any other important information regarding your event or auction items.
- Set the Silent Auction Goal - This setting is for your reference and reporting only. This setting will show up during any goal reporting and the In Event Dashboard. This will not be shown to the bidders.